On this page eventually will be recent pictures of all LIRR stations as they exist today, including a little of the history of each and perhaps a picture of a predecessor station building. I count a total of 122 stations (including part-time stations of Belmont Park and Shea Stadium, and LIRR employee-only stations of Boland's Landing and the Hillside Facility). In mid-2006, I started taking new pictures of all the stations - both interior and exterior shots. As of 5/29/2009, I have posted recent (2006 and later) pictures of them all except for Mets-Citi Field and Nostrand Ave.
The LIRR has 9 eastern branches. As far as the western portion goes, I have included the Atlantic Ave. branch with Far Rockaway, The Main Line from Penn Station and Hunterspoint Ave. to Jamaica with Ronkonkoma/Greenport and the Long Island City branch with Babylon/Montauk, since this seemed the most appropriate way to present it.
1. Hempstead Branch - Hollis to Hempstead
2. Main Line/Greenport - Penn Station and Hunterspoint Ave. to Jamaica, New Hyde Park, Mineola, Hicksville, Ronkonkoma and Greenport.
3. Babylon/Montauk - Long Island City to Jamaica, St. Albans, Rockville Centre, Babylon and Montauk
4. Port Jefferson - Syosset to Port Jefferson
5. Far Rockaway/Atlantic Ave. -Flatbush Ave. to Jamaica, Locust Manor, Valley Stream and Far Rockaway
6. Long Beach - Lynbrook to Long Beach
7. Oyster Bay - East Williston to Oyster Bay
8. Port Washington - Woodside to Port Washington
9. West Hempstead - Westwood to West Hempstead
Back to LIRR page